About that resolution
If you were someone who decided to make a New Year’s resolution this year, how are you doing with keeping it?
According to a recent study, 80% of people who make New Year’s resolutions will have failed them by the second week of February. In fact, research found most people had given up on their New Year’s resolutions by January 19th. They call this Quitter’s Day.
Whether you’re trying to exercise more, lose weight, or eat healthier, changing our habits can be difficult — particularly when you mix in the added stressors associated with a global pandemic.
Not to worry, however! We here at Center on Halsted would like to offer you an opportunity to make a resolution you can easily keep:
Resolve to become a Monthly Sustainer! For as little as $5 per month, you can support the vital programs and services the Center provides to the LGBTQ+ community in Chicago:
- A recurring gift of $5 provides lunch for 1 senior per month at Center on Addison.
- A recurring gift of $35 provides a hot meal, warm space, and programming for 1 youth per month at Center on Halsted.
- A recurring gift of $50 provides 1 letter of support per month for COH Behavioral Health clients seeking gender affirming surgery. (And will qualify you to join our Director Circle!)
- A recurring gift of $150 provides 1 counseling session per month for individuals, groups, or families in need.
- A recurring gift of $200 provides an entire year of housing and counseling services to 1 youth experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
- A recurring gift of $250 provides 1 HIV testing session with pre- and post-counseling and linkage to care to 1 community member per month.
If you’re interested in making a resolution you can actually keep this year, it’s not too late!
Simply click on this link, select “Make this a recurring gift,” and choose an amount and schedule with which you’re comfortable. (You can even give quarterly.) It’s that easy!
Turn Quitter’s Day into Committer’s Day and support the Midwest’s largest and most comprehensive community center for the health and well-being of LGBTQ+ Chicagoans.
Individual Giving Officer