Each year, as friends and family gather to celebrate and start the new year, we reflect on those who mean so much to us in our lives. As Center on Halsted starts 2018 it is you, our supporters and friends, who I think of with fondness and gratitude. You mean so very much to all of us, and particularly to our clients, because of your kindness and contributions.
We have much to look forward to; each and every day, here at Center on Halsted, we have a variety of programs that serve the many and diverse needs of the LGBTQ community and our allies. From gallery exhibits of work by LGBTQ artists to group behavioral health sessions to workshops led by experts in many fields these create a vibrant community center and one of which I hope you are proud.
Please join us as we celebrate community by participating in some of our upcoming activities. Here are just some of the events that I think you might enjoy:
- LGBTQ Artist Gallery Opening, Friday, Jan. 12th | Center on Halsted
- Trans Talk with Lorry Luscri, Thursday, Jan. 18th | Center on Halsted
- Black History Month Art Opening, Thursday, Feb. 1st | Center on Halsted
- Femme FATales: a Burlesque Show, Feb. 10th & 17th | Center on Halsted
- Courageous Conversations: Black Activism Then and Now
Wednesday, Feb. 21st | DuSable Museum of African American History
- a Night With Oscar: Our annual Academy Awards Viewing Party
Sunday Mar. 4th | Park West
- Gentry Reunion Concert, Friday Mar. 16th | Center on Halsted
- Human First 2018, An extraordinary Celebration of Community
Saturday, April 21st | The Geraghty
Chicagoland’s Pride Celebration, the entire month of June is packed with activities; these range from our special Rooftop Viewing Party to a not-to-be-missed By Women For Women event.
As with all events, please check our website, www.centeronhalsted.org, for more details and updates before each event. I look forward to seeing you often this year here at Center on Halsted!
Happy New Year!
Modesto Tico Valle,
Chief Executive Officer